Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Tuesday by David Wiesner
I have many, many favorite picture books. This tends to be a natural thing I would suspect as an elementary school librarian. It has taken me awhile to narrow the list down to my favorite picture book. Today I remembered, my favorite picture book is Caldecott Medal winner Tuesday by David Wiesner. I love this book for many reasons: 1) I like frogs, I have a rather large collection of frogs; 2) It is a very humorous book. 3) It only has about 9 words making it truly a picture book. 4) The illustrations are fantastic. I had the opportunity, quite by accident as I didn't realize it was there, to see a showing of Wiesner's illustrations for this book at the Dallas Museum of Art. Can't decide which picture I like the best, but I'm leaning towards the last two. They just tickle me....oh....you'll have to read the book yourself, I'm not going to describe it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment